IMPORTANT REGISTRATION DATES for The Music Development Program (MDP)
Summer, 2013 - Registrations accepted May 21 - June 11
News & Current Events
- Piano Pedagogy Symposium - hosted by UC-CCM Collegiate Chapter.
- For Buckeye Audition Winners click here .
- To see results of the OhioMTA October Survey taken click here
- For a list of past Ohio Fellows click here.
- Do you have a music teaching question you would like to have answered? Perhaps you have a practice tip for students you would like to share or a studio idea you are trying differently this year. Did you know your questions and ideas could be shared with MTNA members through the Polyphony column in AMT or the teaching tips on the MTNA website? These two MTNA features offer members the opportunity to interact with other teachers from across the country to share their expertise.
To participate, send MTNA your questions, ideas and tips to MTNA, 441 Vine St., Ste. 505, Cincinnati, OH 45202-2811; fax (513) 421-2503; or e-mail to email@example.com .
OhioMTA was founded in 1879, and is affiliated with a national organization called Music Teachers National Association, which was founded in 1876 and is America's oldest professional music teachers organization. Our membership includes independent music teachers, college faculty members, students, and concert artists. Our goals are to offer a variety of opportunities for the musical development of students such as recitals, festivals, and master classes, and to nurture the professional growth of teachers through local programs and workshops, and at state and national conventions. Our membership includes teachers of every instrument and voice.
Members can take advantage of the following opportunities:
OhioMTA Mission Statement
- Attendance at local, state and national meetings, workshops and conventions
- Subscription to the national journal American Music Teacher
- Subscription to the OhioMTA state newsletter
- Recitals and other performance opportunities for teachers and students
- All teachers are listed in the annual state directory which lists names, addresses, phone numbers, and instruments taught
- Association with qualified music teachers throughout the local area, state, and nation
- Recognition from public school educators, university teachers and the general public that you are continuing your professional growth and maintaining high standards
The OhioMTA Executive Committee has drafted and approved the following Mission Statement for the organization.
The goal of the Ohio Music Teachers Association is to advance the value of music study and music-making in society while supporting its professional member teachers. The OhioMTA promotes a variety of opportunities for the musical development of students such as recitals, festivals and master classes while nurturing the professional growth of teachers by sponsoring programs and workshops at the state and national conferences. OhioMTA is affiliated with the Music Teachers National Association and promotes American Music especially that written by Ohio Composers.