We are looking for a founding PreK-3 grade music teacher who will teach music class and an advanced music course in The Greater Dayton School. This is a startup role, and we are looking for someone excited about developing curriculum and programs. We are open to all types of music teachers - choir, dance, general music, band, orchestra, or African drumming, etc. Qualifications Preferred: 1-5 years of teacher music to elementary age students. Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com or visiting our website - greaterdayton.org. Music teacher for at first-of-its-kind private school for kids from under-resourced backgrounds: Help provide world-class schooling to students in need. The Greater Dayton School will be Ohio’s first non-religious private PreK-3rd grade school exclusively for students from under-resourced backgrounds. We are hiring a full-time music teacher to join our team in the fall of 2022. What is great about this role? Impact: We will support our alumni to and through college, measuring their progress in relation to life outcomes that matter. Resources for Students and Teachers: We are laser focused on eliminating the opportunity gap. We provide $30,000 scholarships per student annually, more than triple what most schools spend, offering services and programs found in high-end public and private schools. Reduced Student-to-Teacher Ratio: 10:1 ratio. 2 teachers per class of a class size of 20. We give kids the attention they deserve. No Bureaucracy: We’re a private school without the bureaucratic red tape most teachers are bound to in a public-school system. First-in-Class School Campus: Construction is underway on our $55 million state-of-the-art campus. Compensation and Benefits: Salaries range $50-$60K. Other benefits include: Health/Dental/Vision/Life insurance - with 0% paycheck deductions - for employee + family, first-in-class 401K, relocation packages, childcare stipends for working parents, lunches from our chef, and more. Location Area: Dayton Ohio.
Orrville City Schools is looking for a vocal music teacher. Orrville Schools is located in Wayne County, Ohio. The vocal music instructor will conduct classes at Orrville Middle School (grades 5-8) and Orrville High School (grades 9-12). The two schools are located on a centralized campus. This full-time position will begin in the 2022-2023 school year. 184 contract days. Please submit a letter of reference and resume to the Assistant Superintendent, Brett Lanz, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualifications Preferred: Licensure in music by the Ohio Department of Education Location Area: Orrville, OH Employer Name: Orrville City Schools Contact Information (Email Address): email@example.com
Ridgemont is looking for someone who is passionate about the following beliefs:
-the learning experience should be centered on student voice, passion, and ownership.
-collaboration among partners empowers, challenges, supports, guides, and makes us unafraid to innovate.
-in the freedom to fail and grow as we explore new ways to think and do.
-service is our tool to instill a productive connection with community and meaningful life experiences for our staff and students.
-rigorous academics are foundational to collaboration, innovation, and service which cause us to explore boundaries and redefine them.
-our staff and students bring value to the world and should always be treated with the highest integrity
RIDGEMONT LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Reports to: Assigned administrator/supervisor
Job Objective: Plans, implements and assesses student learning experiences.
· Valid state department of education license/certificate as determined at the time of appointment.
· Adheres to the Licensure Code of Professional Conduct for Ohio Educators.
· Anticipates time constraints. Manages tasks efficiently to meet deadlines.
· Complies with drug-free workplace rules, board policies and administrative
· Embodies high ethical standards/integrity. Accepts personal responsibility for
· Exhibits consistent, impartial and resourceful decision-making skills. Interprets information
accurately. Evaluates options thoroughly. Develops reasonable solutions to resolve
· Maintains a record free of criminal violations that would prohibit public school employment.
· Meets all mandated health screening requirements.
NOTE: The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed controlled
substance in the workplace throughout his/her employment in the District.
1. Teaches assigned classes/subject matters as scheduled. Plans and implements
appropriate lesson plans aligned with state standards/district curriculum goals.
· Communicates program objectives/performance expectations to students/parents and staff.
· Maintains a thorough understanding of subject matter and pedagogy. Organizes subject
content and learning goals. Prepares instructional materials. Arranges the classroom for
· Uses a variety of assessments to evaluate learning styles and academic needs of students.
· Develops educational experiences and varies instructional techniques to effectively engage
and advance student learning. Sustains educational environments that promote high levels
of student learning/achievement. Actively collaborates with staff. Shares effective
· Uses formal and informal assessment strategies to manage student learning and monitor
· Collaborates with staff to identify/resolve problems that impede student participation in
appropriate learning activities. Helps ensure assessment procedures support non-biased
· Follows district protocols to safeguard student information shared with staff and referral
· Provides opportunities for all students to participate in an inclusive educational
· Advocates for students. Observes student demeanor. Investigates/reports atypical
· Helps students better understand themselves, make appropriate choices and grow
academically. Promotes cultural awareness, self-reliance, problem-solving, critical-thinking
and creativity skills.
· Facilitates student learning activities that encourage teamwork and positive peer
· Evaluates student achievement/performance. Prepares progress reports.
· Proctors state/district testing activities as directed. Upholds mandated security procedures.
· Requests a student evaluation when a learning need is evident. Assists with the
multi-factored evaluation (MFE) process. Meets mandated paperwork time lines.
· Plans/implements student intervention strategies that produce tangible evidence-based
benefits within specified time-frames. Monitors intervention efficacy to improve outcomes.
· Ensures that student lists and teaching materials are readily available for substitutes.
2. Exemplifies professionalism and fosters goodwill to enhance the district’s public
· Contributes to an effective and positive work/learning environment. Completes all
· Develops mutually respectful relationships with co-workers. Functions as part of a
· Encourages community participation in school-sponsored activities.
· Helps students understand/embrace ethical conduct and democratic values.
· Maintains a professional appearance. Wears work attire appropriate for the position.
· Maintains an acceptable attendance record and is punctual.
· Pursues the continuous advancement of academic standards.
· Respects privacy and maintains the confidentiality of privileged information.
· Strives to develop rapport and serve as a positive role model for others.
3. Maintains open/effective communications. Serves as an information resource.
· Actively participates in staff meetings, conferences and other required school activities.
· Prepares/maintains accurate records. Submits required paperwork on time.
· Provides prompt notification of personal delays or absences.
· Refers district policy interpretation questions to an appropriate administrator.
· Uses active listening and problem-solving techniques to resolve questions/concerns
· Uses diplomacy/self-control when dealing with other individuals. Respects diversity.
4. Pursues opportunities to enhance professional performance.
· Keeps current with advances in technology associated with work assignments.
· Maintains applicable credentials. Complies with all state licensure requirements.
· Works toward mastery of individualized development/performance goals as directed.
5. Takes precautions to ensure safety. Helps manage/eliminate risks.
· Intervenes to prevent/stop bullying and inappropriate student behavior.
· Provides appropriate supervision. Implements effective pupil management procedures.
Upholds the student conduct code. Maintains high expectations for acceptable student
· Reports suspected child abuse/neglect to civil authorities as required by law.
· Watches for situations that may indicate a problem.
6. Performs other specific job-related duties as directed.
· Assists with unexpected/urgent situations as needed.
· Helps implement workplace initiatives that advance district goals.
Working Conditions: Safety is essential to job performance. Employees must exercise caution and comply with standard safety regulations and district procedures when involved in the following situations:
· Balancing, bending, climbing, crouching, kneeling, reaching, or standing.
· Exposure to adverse weather conditions and temperature extremes.
· Exposure to blood-borne pathogens and communicable diseases.
· Interacting with aggressive, disruptive and/or unruly individuals.
· Lifting, carrying and moving work-related supplies/equipment.
· Operating and/or riding in a vehicle.
· Traveling to meetings and work assignments.
Performance: Job performance is evaluated according to policy provisions and contractual agreements adopted
Evaluation: by the Ridgemont Local School District.
The Ridgemont Local School District is an equal opportunity employer. This job description
identifies primary responsibilities and is not intended to be a complete list of all duties
performed. This document is subject to change in response to student demographics,
staffing factors, funding variables, modified operating procedures, program/curriculum
changes and unforeseen events.
St Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church
Contemporary Worship Keyboardist
The position of Contemporary Worship Keyboardist is a paid position with set duties and responsibilities including, but not limited to, providing music for all weekly contemporary worship services, seasonal services, and other requests such as for weddings or funerals throughout the year. The Contemporary Worship Keyboardist also accompanies soloists or ensembles providing music in various worship services.
Description Effective Date
Contemporary Music Director, Director of Music Ministries, along with Lead Pastor
Worship and Music
The Keyboardist will be expected to play for all contemporary worship services and to accompany the Praise Band when the Praise Band is scheduled to lead worship. This includes weekly evening rehearsals and occasional special rehearsals.
The Keyboardist will be entitled to be off four (4) paid vacation Sundays per year. (The Contemporary Music Director must approve all absences.)
Year-round, permanent part-time/salary
• Be a Christian, saved by grace through faith, who is willing to proclaim the good news of God's love, grace and forgiveness in music, word and deed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Music preferred, but other advanced levels of training and competencies will be considered.
• Submit to a background check prior to employment.
• Be an advanced keyboard player experienced in both acoustic and digital piano with experience playing contemporary music literature of all kinds.
• Read traditional sheet music as well as improvise from a lead sheet. Strong sight-reading skills are preferred.
• Literate in both classical and pop music terminology and symbols.
• Ability to play for all aspects of Contemporary Worship and for any other musical performances as requested by the Contemporary Music Director.
The Keyboardist will be compensated at a rate as determined by the yearly Church budget as commensurate with qualifications, skills and experience in accordance with the Employee Handbook.
• Play digital and/or acoustic piano for all contemporary worship services.
• Play with the Praise Band at one mid-week rehearsal and Sunday morning band warm-up, sound check and contemporary services.
• Accompany other soloists or ensembles pertaining to contemporary worship services.
• Provide special music for seasonal services such as Advent, Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday services, Lent, Holy Week Services and any other special services as requested.
• May participate in selection of music for contemporary worship. Attend meetings with Contemporary Music Director on an as needed basis.
• Assist all other musical staff associates with accompanying and/or playing at services when absences occur at rehearsals and services as requested, including impromptu or any extra rehearsals. May include wedding or funeral services.
• Monitor irregularities with any of the digital piano and keyboards and communicates these to the Contemporary Music Director for possible repairs.
• Assist the Contemporary Music Director in locating a substitute Keyboardist for all excused absences.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of all personnel so classified. Furthermore, these forms do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer
Saint Paul Lutheran Church
Contact Information (Email Address):